Adult Education at FPCE
Fall 2021 classes begin September 19*
We will be offering the following Adult Education classes on Sundays at 11 a.m., including:
- Being a Christian in a Secular Age: A refresher on the works of Dr. Andy Root, Parlor – Pastor Henry Coates will lead this discussion of the written works of Dr. Andy Root, our all-church retreat speaker. The class reintroduces us to ideas investigated prior to the postponed March 2020 retreat.
- See, Hear, and Know Your Neighbor’s Story, Room 213 – Missions will offer a class on racial injustice seen through the lens of Jesus and teachings of our faith. Class sessions will take place on Sunday mornings at 11 a.m. in room 213 and some Wednesday evenings at 7 p.m. on Zoom.
- Life Together New Members’ Class, Room 103 – The new “Life Together” class will take place in Room 103, *meets September 26, October 3 and 10, and serves as a great way for newcomers to explore what First Pres is all about as they consider taking the necessary steps toward membership. If space allows, it will also be open to FPCE members who also want to learn more about why we do what we do.
Sunday school opportunities
What do a sheep, an eagle, a lion, and a raven have in common???*
- Infants through 3 year olds are invited to check out the Nursery. They can meet their teachers and get comfortable in the space! Each week they will have a Bible story and project during the education hour.
- 4 year olds through 5th graders are invited to join us in the Dining Room. We will have a special time together where we will sing, get to know each other, explore a Bible scripture.
*They’re all animals mentioned in the Bible AND
they are all names of our Sunday School groups!
- 6th and 7th graders are invited to gather in the 3rd floor Youth Lounge for Sunday school with Pastor Ray and Oakley Smith.
- Confirmation Class: 8th and 9th graders are invited to gather in room 206 as we spend the year digging deep into our faith.
- 10th, 11th, and 12th graders are invited to help as a volunteer teacher with the Children’s Sunday school or attend one of the Adult Education classes. Contact Pastor Amanda if you want to volunteer.
Nourish Women’s Bible study – Thursday at 9:30 a.m.
The group will meet from 9:30-11:30 in room 213 and through Zoom. They will be studying ‘Liturgy of the Ordinary’. Childcare is provided.
FAMILY SMALL GROUP
Family Small Group invites all families to a time of reconnecting on
Sunday, Sept. 26 at 4 p.m. in Raymond Park.
Parents can chat with each other while the kids play on the playground.