COVID-19 Protocols for Sunday mornings
Congregants need not wear masks if they have been fully vaccinated. Those that have not been vaccinated are required to wear masks. This includes during singing and reciting scripture or prayer.
Paper Bulletins will be available.
There will be childcare and Children in Worship. Masks are required for children 2 and over.
Gatherings in Roy Hall and Deacons Fellowship Hour (including “Lemonade on the Lawn”) will be permitted with communal food and drink. However, food should either be placed in individual cups or served with utensils (no hands or fingers). Direct touching should be kept to an absolute minimum.
Childcare and Children’s Worship details
Here are details about how your family is invited to worship with us on Sunday mornings.
- Join us in-person in the sanctuary. All age children are welcome in worship! We have rocking chairs in the back of the sanctuary and even more open space in the back for coloring, reading, or crawling. We also have a newly renovated family lounge area for nursing, changing diapers, or having some quiet time.
- Check-out the Kids Corner. We have set-up a special area in the back of the sanctuary with books, coloring and activity pages, worship journals, and other activities to help kids engage in worship.
- Children’s Worship. Children 4 years old through 7 years old are invited to join us in the Choir Room following the Children’s Message. We will have a brief time together during the sermon where the kids will explore their own Bible lesson.
- Toddler Room (Blue Room) We will offer childcare for 3 and 4 year olds in the Blue Room. Childcare will be available starting at 9:45. Registration required.
- Nursery We will offer childcare for Infant through 2 year olds in the Nursery. Childcare will be starting at 9:45. Registration required.
We will only be able to continue to offer Children’s Worship, Toddler Care and Nursery Care if we can find volunteers to serve alongside our staff. If we are unable to find volunteers we will only offer Infant and Toddler Care.
First Pres is located in Evanston, IL,
at 1427 Chicago Avenue.
We can be reached by phone at 847/864-1472 during regular business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday), and on Sunday mornings from 9 a.m. to Noon.
Our Sunday morning worship takes place at 10 a.m. in our Sanctuary.