Overview: The Stewardship Committee Member assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position helps to shape stewardship practices and events at FPCE so that God is magnified through giving.
- Monthly meetings of the Stewardship Committee have been attended regularly.
- The fall stewardship campaign has been planned in detail each year through regular monthly meetings and additional meetings as necessary.
- Individual assignments from committee meetings have been completed as necessary.
- Each quarter, big-picture brainstorming and planning has occurred about how to best steward God’s gifts and encourage congregation members to do the same.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Stewardship Committee Member reports to the Associate Pastor for Discipleship and Stewardship and is part of a 5-person team with other committee members.
Time Commitment: 1-5 Hours per Month
- Greater time commitment in late summer and early fall as stewardship campaign plans are being made.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Creativity, attention to detail, networking skills, passion for stewardship.
Resources, Training Provided: Not Your Parents’ Offering Plate book, Ministry Architects Guide to Stewardship, guidance from the Associate Pastor for Discipleship and Stewardship.
Volunteer job description written 4/28/21