Overview: The Middle School Youth Group Leader assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that middle school students feel loved and come to know more about God through weekly Youth Group gatherings.
- Friday night Youth Group gatherings have been planned with the Minister of Children and Youth and other Youth Group volunteers.
- Preparation has occurred for each Middle School Youth Group gathering.
- Youth Group has been led each week with the partnership of the team.
- Monthly planning and review meetings have been attended with the Minister of Children and Youth and other Youth Group volunteers.
- Middle school students have been regularly prayed for.
- Youth Group students have felt loved and seen through their participation in Youth Group gatherings.
- Annual safety, first aid, and training events have been attended.
- A background check has been completed.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Middle School Youth Group Leader reports to the Minister of Children and Youth and is part of a 3-person youth group team.
Time Commitment: 6 – 10 Hours per Month
- Weekly preparation and Youth Group gatherings
- Monthly planning meetings
- Yearly trainings
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Creativity, good listening skills, adventurous spirit, reliability, hospitality, love of middle school students, ability to work on a team, and inclusive mindset.
Resources, Training Provided: Safety, first aid/CPR, youth ministry training, and ongoing support from the Minister of Children and Youth.
Volunteer job description written 3/27/21