Overview: The Middle & High School Overnight Retreat Leader assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that overnight and retreat experiences are meaningful and fun for middle and high school students.
- Overnights at FPCE and/or weekend retreats at camp and conference centers have been attended with youth.
- The overnight retreat experience has been planned and set up.
- Youth have been checked in when they arrive for the overnight.
- When needed, youth have been driven to the overnight retreat.
- Youth have been connected with and engaged throughout the event.
- All overnight retreat activities have been participated in alongside the youth.
- Youth have had a safe and fun experience.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Middle and High School Overnight Retreat Leader reports to the Minister of Children and Youth and is part of a 2-person team.
Time Commitment: 8-10 hours per overnight, Friday night – Sunday afternoon for retreats.
- A few different overnights and retreats occur throughout the year. The person in this position may volunteer for one or several overnight/retreats.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Appreciation of youth, flexibility, creativity, responsibility, maturity, patience, energy, willingness to be goofy.
Resources, Training Provided: Child Safety training, leadership from Minister of Children and Youth. A background check is required.
Volunteer job description written 4/26/21