Overview: The Infant – 2s Childcare Helper assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that the youngest members of the FPCE family are loved and cared for in the nursery on Sunday mornings.
- Support has been given to the Childcare Staff Member in the nursery on Sunday mornings from 8:30 – 10:30 AM.
- Children have been warmly greeted as they arrive.
- Help has been given as parents sign in their child and receive a pager.
- Assistance has been given in distributing a snack.
- Children have been settled into play activities and engaged with throughout their time in the nursery.
- Children have been held and played with.
- The nursery space has been kept clean throughout the morning and fully cleaned up after children leave.
- The Childcare Helper has stayed until all children have been picked up.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Infant – 2s Childcare Helper reports to the Minister of Children and Youth and serves alongside the Childcare Staff Member.
Time Commitment: 2 Hours per Sunday
- This position could be filled weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly in a volunteer rotation.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Gentleness, caring, attention to detail, joyful, welcoming. A love for children is necessary and a background in early childhood education is appreciated.
Resources, Training Provided: Annual First Aid and CPR training, introductory training by the Minister of Children and Youth. A background check is required.
Volunteer job description written 4/26/21