Overview: Our Worship Arts Ministry assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world.
Our worship services are meant to be dynamic, inclusive gatherings where our gifts and talents reflect our love for God in all his creative goodness. The Worship Arts Ministry is called upon, occasionally, to offer various forms of creative expression not normally presented as a part of our worship services. These might include graphic arts, drama, writing (including poetry, prose, or expository writing), sewing, multimedia, or special musical performances.
- Respond to requests by the Director of Worship or other members of the pastoral and program staff for contributions to a worship service or other activity.
- Discuss possible contributions with staff and other Worship Arts Ministry team members and offer, when asked, a meaningful but kindhearted critique of pieces presented.
- Have a simple portfolio of previous works to show to staff members and the team.
- Respond in a timely fashion when asked about your availability for a particular project or event.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Worship Arts Ministry team members report to the Director of Worship.
Time Commitment: As needed, subject to availability
- Includes preparation time and, potentially, presentation of the work or works at a worship service, community or church event.
- Team gatherings, when scheduled.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Experience and/or interest in one or more creative arts. A portfolio of previous creative pieces.
Resources, Training Provided: Compensation for the materials or time needed to properly create and execute a particular piece may or may not be provided, as determined on a case-by-case basis. Safety education, CPR offered annually.
Volunteer job description written 1/6/22