Overview: The Warming Center Volunteer assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that guests of the warming center have a safe and comfortable environment to be in.
- The warming center space has been set up in preparation for guests.
- Mats have been spread out in the warming center space.
- Coffee has been made for guests.
- Activities such as books and games have been brought out and arranged.
- Guests have been checked in and assistance has been given to get them settled.
- Assistance has been given to ensure that the warming center space remains safe and comfortable.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Warming Center Volunteer reports to the Director of Mission and is part of a rotating 40-member team of warming center volunteers.
Time Commitment: 2.5 – 3 Hours per Time
Volunteers may serve once or twice in a month during warming center months (November – March).
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Concern for the poor and homeless, enjoys practical service opportunities, willingness to interact with guests in a positive manner. Must be over 18 unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Resources, Training Provided: Personal orientation and help from the warming center leader provided for first time volunteers and as needed.
Cary Peters, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherin Peters, email@example.com
Volunteer job description written 4/23/21