FPCE is in the midst of a Strategic Plan process, in partnership with outside consultants Ministry Architects.
Using a construction model as the primary analogy for the process, our planning is overseen by the “Design Team” made up of congregation members, staff and our consultants.
If you have ANY question about the Strategic Plan process,
please email email@example.com. This confidential email goes only to members of the Design Team, and we will respond promptly when appropriate.
The Design Team:
Kathy Tan Shiau
Senior Pastor Raymond Hylton
Leadership Structure Task Force:
Year-Round Stewardship Task Force:
Ministry Architects Team Members:
Annette Safstrom, Senior Consultant
Debbie Freeman, Consultant
Rob Dyer, Consultant
The Strategic Plan’s Visioning Summit was held on January 11 and 12. The Ministry Architects team led 60 Elders, Deacons, Trustees, staff and Design Team members in brainstorming.
The Summit resulted in a deeper understanding about the mission of our church, our core values, our 10 year goals, and how we will measure achievement.
The Design Team now needs to translate these ideas into action steps. The result will then be presented to Session for discussion about a clear plan forward.
In parallel to the Summit, the following topics are being studied by various teams of church members:
- Stewardship: defining a comprehensive stewardship approach that encompasses time, talent, spiritual gifts as well as financial contributions
- Governance: surveying 8 other similar size churches in the Presbytery on their governance model
- Ministries inventory: launching a survey to all Ministry leaders to measure the current time and talent commitment of each Ministry
- Strategic Plan project is now fully operational, with Pastor Ray, Ministry Architects, and the Design Team fully engaged and organized to conduct the project.
- A “Visioning Summit” with Trustees, Elders, Deacons and the Design Team will take place January 11 & 12.
- A comprehensive inventory of impact, investment and stewardship data provided by FPCE is being conducted to paint the full picture of our ministries and resources.