Overview: The Vacation Bible School Station leader assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that Vacation Bible School participants experience the love of God as they engage in safe and caring station activities and fellowship.
- Leadership has been provided for the week of Vacation Bible School in early August.
- A background check and training have been completed.
- The Station Leader has learned how to perform his/her specific duty.
- Children have been led in station activities in alignment with the provided curriculum and materials.
- Set up and clean up of the space has been completed each day.
- All children have been welcomed in a warm manner and been given a safe environment for learning and fun.
- Children and caregivers have had a joyful experience and left with a better understanding of Christian community and love.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Vacation Bible School Station Leader reports to the Minister of Children and Youth and is part of a 60-person team that executes Vacation Bible School.
Time Commitment: 25-30 Total Hours
- 20 hours with children during the week of VBS
- 5-10 hours before and after VBS week for planning, training, set up, and clean up
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Welcoming presence, good administrative and organizational skills, passion for working with children, ability to be flexible and dependable, and excitement about VBS.
Resources, Training Provided: Station curriculum and materials, pre-VBS training and planning sessions, background check.
Rev. Amanda Golbek
Volunteer job description written 3/27/21