Overview: The Usher Coordinator assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that usher teams are coordinated so that worshipers are welcomed and given the assistance they need for Sunday morning worship.
- The list of volunteer ushers has been maintained and updated as necessary.
- Volunteer ushers have been contacted and assigned for service.
- Volunteer positions and tasks have been assigned, and guidance has been provided to ushers as necessary.
- Printed bulletins have been placed at entrances.
- A head count has been taken during the worship service.
- Roaming has taken place during the worship service so that assistance needs and potential disturbances are seen and addressed.
- The collection plates have been taken to the safe after being collected.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Usher Coordinator reports to the Director of Worship and oversees usher volunteers.
Time Commitment: 2 Hours per Week
- Includes the worship service, coordination, and preparation.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Hospitable, desire to serve, ability to work well with others, good communication skills, organizational skills.
Resources, Training Provided: Usher orientation, safety education, CPR offered annually.
Volunteer job description written 4/14/21