Overview: The Souper Saturday Food Packager assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that prepared food is packaged and ready for delivery as part of the Souper Saturday food program.
- Prepared food has been packaged in take away bags once per month.
- Take away bags have been carefully packed in cartons for delivery.
- Carts have been used to carry food packages to delivery cars if volunteer is able.
- Cartons have been delivered to a shelter if volunteer is able.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Souper Saturday Food Packager reports to the Souper Saturday Coordinator and is part of a rotating 8-person team of food packagers.
Time Commitment: 2.5 Hours per Month
- Volunteers are asked to serve one time per month or more if they are filling in for someone who is not able to serve.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Reliability, desire to serve behind the scenes, willingness to engage in repetitive tasks, desire to work with others, concern for the poor and homeless.
Resources, Training Provided: Orientation from the Souper Saturday leader and more experienced food packagers.
Volunteer job description written 4/23/21