Overview: The Souper Saturday Friday Meal Prep Volunteer assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that food is prepared the day before guests arrive for Souper Saturday.
- Food has been prepared on Friday morning from 9:00 – 11:00 AM for the Souper Saturday gathering the following day.
- Everything has been prepped for easy access and minimal work on Saturday.
- The kitchen has been cleaned and organized after food preparation has taken place.
- Help has been provided for special Souper Saturday special events throughout the year as possible.
- Assistance has been given to other Souper Saturday team members as needed.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Souper Saturday Friday Meal Prep Volunteer reports to the Souper Saturday Coordinator and is part of a 8-10 person volunteer team.
Time Commitment: 2 Hours per week
- Volunteers are asked to prepare on Friday as their schedule permits. We assume prep volunteers will be there unless they have an exception to their schedule and let the scheduler know.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Concern for the poor, reliable, enjoys serving behind the scenes and providing practical help, willing to serve with a team. Cooking skills are helpful, but not necessary.
Resources, Training Provided: On the job training from more experienced team members. Cooking tools, recipes, and instructions provided.
Volunteer job description written 4/23/21