Overview: The Souper Saturday Administrator assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that logistics including volunteers and food are organized so that Souper Saturday gatherings run smoothly.
- Volunteers have been scheduled and communicated with for all aspects of the Souper Saturday program each week.
- Food has been ordered as needed for each Souper Saturday.
- Volunteers have been oriented, coordinated, and helped as needed for both Friday and Saturday groups.
- Logistics have been considered regularly to make Souper Saturday effective and meaningful.
- The budget has been reviewed monthly.
- Reports have been prepared monthly or as requested.
- Annual reports have been prepared for agencies and FPCE.
- Special events have been coordinated and assisted with as needed.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Souper Saturday Administrator reports to the Souper Saturday Coordinator and may be part of a two-person administrator team.
Time Commitment: 6 Hours per Week
- Includes the Friday prep time, Saturday prep and meal, and planning time.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Organization, flexibility, heart for service, concern for the poor, good with people, strong communicator, reliable.
Resources, Training Provided: Orientation and training from current or outgoing administrator.
Volunteer job description written 3/27/21