Overview: The Mission Rebuilding Together Volunteer assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position serves others by participating in a daylong service day in April.
- Commitment has been made to a four-hour shift the fourth Saturday of April.
- Work has been completed as directed. Activities may include: cleaning, painting, yard work, helping serve food, and more.
- (2021 will use an alternate day(s) because of Covid)
- Skilled workers such as carpenters, electricians etc., may have opportunities to serve through out the year independently. Check with Mission Director for Opportunities.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Mission Rebuilding Together Volunteer reports to the Mission Rebuilding Together Leader and is part of a 60-person team.
Time Commitment: 4 Hours per Year
- The last Saturday in April each year
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Likes hands-on work, flexible in assignment, willing to work in all kinds of weather, ability to work with others. Those with specific home improvement skills may be able to use those skills if needed.
Resources, Training Provided: On the job training. No experience needed.
Caryl Weinberg: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Levander: email@example.com
Volunteer job description written 4/26/21