Overview: The Overnight Shelter Cleanup Volunteer assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position assists with cleanup and helps guests transition out of the shelter in the morning.
- Shelter guests have been woken by 6:00 AM.
- Guests have been assisted with sheet and blanket turn-in.
- Help has been given to ensure that all guests have left the shelter by 6:45 AM.
- Cots have been stacked.
- The shelter space has been picked up and cleaned in preparation for the day.
- Shelter staff members have been assisted with any needs that arise.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Overnight Shelter Cleanup Volunteer reports to the shelter staff and is part of a rotating 42-member team of overnight cleanup volunteers.
Time Commitment: 1.25 Hours per Time
Volunteers are welcome to sign up for as many mornings as they would like where openings exist.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Concern for the poor, task oriented, willingness to interact with guests in a positive manner.
Resources, Training Provided: Annual orientation, assistance and instructions from shelter staff members each morning.
Charlene Parris, email@example.com
Volunteer job description written 4/23/21