Overview: The Middle & High School Teacher/Assistant assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that students have an engaging and caring learning experience as they come to know Jesus more.
- Students have been prayed for daily.
- Teachers have connected with fellow teachers and/or assistants through email each week to clarify roles.
- Teachers have read through the lesson plans and created a detailed plan for teaching each week.
- Teachers have contacted the Minister of Children and Youth to coordinate needed supplies the week before they are needed.
- Teachers have taught the lesson or coordinated others to help teach from 10:15 – 11:00 AM each Sunday.
- Assistants have connected with teachers and fellow assistants through email during the week.
- Assistants have familiarized themselves with the lesson plans before Sunday morning and have prepared for any elements that the teachers have assigned.
- Teachers and Assistants have arrived at 10:00 AM on Sunday to welcome students and prepare for the class.
- A background check has been completed.
- Annual Sunday school training has been attended.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Middle & High School Teacher/Assistant reports to the Minister of Children and Youth and is part of a 6-person team.
Time Commitment: 1.5 – 2.5 Hours per Sunday
- Includes preparation time and Sunday mornings.
- These positions may be filled on a weekly or monthly basis.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Creativity, caring, engaging, ability to work on a team, passion for education, willingness to be goofy.
Resources, Training Provided: Annual Sunday school training, Child Safety training, basic classroom management and youth development training, and ongoing guidance and support from the Minister of Children and Youth. Pre-selected curriculum provided. A background check is required.
Rev. Amanda Golbek
Volunteer job description written 4/24/21