Overview: The Library Volunteer assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that FPCE library materials that support what children are learning are displayed and made available to families.
- Sunday School Teaches and The Minister of Children and Youth have been contacted in order to determine what topics and units are being taught to children.
- The library has been examined for books and other materials that might support discipleship units being taught to children.
- Those materials have been made available to classes and individuals and put on display for the consideration of others.
- Book displays have been created that highlight topics, themes, and church seasons as they arise in the broader church.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Library Volunteer reports to the Minister of Children and Youth and works alongside other library team members.
Time Commitment: Variable as Available
- This position could be filled weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Creative, good communicator, organized, knowledge of the library, desire to serve young people.
Resources, Training Provided: Support from the Library Team and the Minister of Children and Youth.
Volunteer job description written 4/26/21