Overview: The Greeter assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that newcomers and other worshipers are welcomed and given the assistance they need for Sunday morning worship.
- Seek to identify newcomers at First Pres services and special gatherings
- Bulletins have been handed out in the time leading up to the service.
- Individuals requiring assistance have been helped to their seats.
- The offering has been collected during the service.
- On communion Sundays, communion trays have been passed to congregants.
- Initiative has been taken with persons looking lost or suspicious and they have been approached as needed.
- Congregants have felt welcomed and seen by the Greeter or Ushers in their time at FPCE.
- The worship space has been picked up after the service.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Greeter reports to the Director of Worship.
Time Commitment: 1.5 Hours per Week
- Includes worship service and time before and after the service.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Hospitable, desire to serve, ability to follow instructions, willing to engage with strangers, good discernment, calm, confident.
Resources, Training Provided: Usher orientation workshop, safety education, CPR offered annually.
Volunteer job description written 1/6/2022