Overview: The Family Small Group Dinner Preparer assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position plans and executes a monthly meal for families participating in small groups and youth ministry.
- A monthly meal has been planned for those participating in Family Small groups and youth ministry on a Sunday evening at 5:30 PM.
- Food has been purchased for the dinner.
- Receipts from purchases have been turned in for reimbursement.
- The monthly meal has been prepared for 30-50 people (monthly RSVP numbers are gathered for a more accurate prediction).
- The dinner has been served in the dining room at 5:30 PM.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Family Small Group Dinner Preparer reports to the Minister of Children and Youth and is part of a 3-person team of dinner preparers.
Time Commitment: 5 Hours per Month
- Includes preparation, shopping, and serving the meal.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Hospitality, love of cooking, desire to serve others, ability to plan, good time management.
Resources, Training Provided: Introduction to the kitchen at FPCE, instructions on submitting receipts.
Volunteer job description written 4/26/21