Overview: The Discipleship Small Group Committee Member assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that adults at FPCE have small group opportunities.
- Personal prayer and devotion has been practiced daily.
- Regular short-term and ongoing discipleship small groups have been planned and prepared for.
- Leaders and hosts of small groups are appropriately trained and supervised.
- Zoom training, when necessary, has been completed by multiple members of each small group.
- A description of the discipleship small group has been drafted and reported to the Small Group Coordinator each quarter when small groups are taking place.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Discipleship Small Group Committee Member reports to Discipleship Committee leaders and is part of a team small group leaders and coordinators.
Time Commitment: 3-6 Hours per Week
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Desire for edification of Christ’s disciples, respect for Christian tradition, fealty to truth, analytic mind, good listening and empathy skills, assertiveness, clarity of communication.
Resources, Training Provided: Consultation with the Discipleship Council, guidance from experienced leaders of courses for adults.
Volunteer job description written 4/26/21