FPCE's COVID-19 Response
First Presbyterian Church of Evanston is taking a number of practical steps to help reduce the likelihood of it’s members, visitors, and staff being infected by the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19. This is being done out of an abundance of caution rather than from any sense of fear or panic.
SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP SERVICES AT FPCE ARE CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Here are some of the plans we have put in place (Updated March 16, 2020, 6:30 p.m.):
- The First Pres building is closed until further notice. Some staff will be working on site at various times, but there will be no front desk staff on duty.
- A staff member will be answering our phone from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each week day. At all other times, our answering service will take a message and, if necessary, contact FPCE personnel.
- We will provide a live stream worship service at 10 a.m. on Sundays. These will be available on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/firstpresevanston/ (we will also work to have them available from our website here at https://firstpresevanston.org for those not connected to Facebook). Facebook will store these videos for future reference, which is an added bonus. Only specifically designated individuals may be at the church for these services.
- We encourage the use of electronic funds transfer or other automatic payment options for making your regular donations to FPCE. Not only is it convenient and helpful for budgeting purposes, but it also means fewer bills and checks for our staff to have to handle. Text GIVING to 847-565-2772 for more information.
- We are working to develop a system for virtual small group meetings using Zoom as our meeting hosting platform. More information will be shared shortly.
- Finally, we will continue to monitor the situation in Chicago and elsewhere, and adjust our plans and procedures as necessary.
There are a few things that you can do as well.
- IF YOU DO BECOME ILL, DO NOT VISIT THE CHURCH. Please let us know so we can be praying for you and can make sure your needs are being met.
- Most importantly, be in prayer for yourself, the church, its pastors, staff and leaders. We don’t want to miss any opportunities to be Christ’s representatives in this midst of this, and we want all the wisdom available to us.
- Take personal responsibility for your health. Use hand sanitizer frequently, great one another with elbow bumps and words of encouragement rather than hugs and handshakes.
Click here for information from the American Red Cross
on how to avoid contracting the COVID-19 virus
All Events at FPCE
Exception: Souper Saturday
Guests will be served outside on the front lawn of FPCE.
If you don’t already receive emails from FPCE and wish to do so, use the form below to sign up for our eNewsletter and other announcements.