Overview: The Communion Setup Team Member assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that the elements for communion area available, prepared, set up, and cleaned up after each communion service.
- Chalices, baskets, trays, and plates have been prepared before each communion service.
- Communion elements have been set up in the worship space.
- All elements have been cleaned up and put away after the service.
- Needed materials have been gathered or reported as needed to the Director of Worship and Music.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Communion Setup Team Member reports to the Director of Worship and Music and is part of a 2-person team.
Time Commitment: 1 hour per communion service
- Includes both setup and cleanup.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Desire to assist with worship, willingness to serve.
Resources, Training Provided: The Director of Music and Worship will provide guidance and orientation.
Volunteer job description written 4/13/21