Overview: The Children’s Worship Leader assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position shares the love of Christ with children through Children’s Worship on Sunday mornings.
- By Tuesday, confirmation has been given to the Minister of Children and Youth that the volunteer is able to serve the following Sunday.
- The Children’s Worship Leader has reviewed the children’s worship packet each week with details and instructions for the Bible lesson before Sunday.
- The Bible lesson has been learned and any necessary supplies have been gathered or requested from the Minister of Children and Youth during the week before Sunday.
- Children have been welcomed as they arrive.
- Children have been led in Children’s Worship from 9:15-10:00 AM in the Choir Room on Sundays.
- Supplies have been put away after Children’s Worship.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Children’s Worship Leader reports to the Minister of Children and Youth and is part of a 4-person team of worship leaders.
Time Commitment: 2 Hours per Sunday
- Includes preparation and Children’s Worship.
- This position could be filled weekly, monthly, or quarterly on a rotation.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Desire to share the love of God with children, gentleness, caring, patience, classroom management skills, compassion, joyful, welcoming, engaging.
Resources, Training Provided: Mandatory Reporting Training, basic Child Safety, annual First Aid and CPR training, weekly lesson plans provided, mentorship by the Minister of Children and Youth. A background check is required.
Volunteer job description written 4/26/21