Overview: The Children and Youth Mission Trip Leader assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that mission trip experiences for First Pres children and youth are meaningful, safe, and fun for middle and high school students.
- Serves as an adult team leader for missions trips & events, including (but not limited to) long-distance experiences out of town or overseas for First Pres middle school and high school students .
- Works with Minister of Children and Youth to ensure the mission trip/event has been planned and coordinated appropriately.
- Responsible for helping to maintain the physical, spiritual and emotional safety of all trip/event participants.
- When needed, youth have been driven to the overnight retreat.
- Youth have been connected with and engaged throughout the event.
- All overnight retreat activities have been participated in alongside the youth.
- Youth have had a safe and fun experience.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Children and Youth Mission Trip Leader reports to the Minister of Children and Youth and is part of a multi-person team.
Time Commitment: Varies, depending upon the scale of the trip or event. Includes planning and training sessions prior to the trip/event and, potentially, debriefing session(s) after it is completed.
- There are usually one or two such events per year.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Appreciation of youth, flexibility, creativity, responsibility, maturity, spiritual maturity, patience, energy, willingness to be goofy.
Resources, Training Provided: Child Safety training, leadership from Minister of Children and Youth. A background check is required.
Volunteer job description written 1/6/22