Overview: The Childcare Assistant helps First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that the youngest members of the FPCE family are loved and cared for in the preschool and nursery rooms on Sunday mornings.
- Support has been given to the Childcare Staff in the nursery or preschool room on Sunday mornings from 8:45-10:15 and/or from 11:15-12:30.
- By Tuesday, confirmation has been given to the Minister of Children and Youth that the volunteer is able to serve the following Sunday.
- Children have been welcomed as they arrive.
- Help has been given as parents sign in their child.
- Children have been guided as they play and have been engaged with during the morning.
- The classroom space has been kept clean throughout the morning and fully cleaned up after children leave.
- The Childcare Assistant has stayed until all children have been picked up.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Childcare Assistant reports to the Minister of Children and Youth and serves alongside other volunteers and the Childcare Staff.
Time Commitment: 1.5 – 3 Hours per Sunday
- This position could be filled weekly, monthly, or quarterly on a rotation.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Gentleness, caring, patience, compassion, joyful, welcoming, desire to serve in a hands-on way.
Resources, Training Provided: Mandatory Reporting Training, basic Child Safety, annual First Aid and CPR training.
Rev. Amanda Golbek
Volunteer job description written 4/26/21