Overview: A Deacons’ Angel Tree Volunteer assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position helps ensure that our annual Angel Tree fundraising/gift buying event is run effectively and efficiently, with the proper publicity.
- Helps run and conclude this annual Christmas charity drive.
- Works with First Pres staff and lay leaders to make sure it is properly publicized.
- Helps to make sure the donations are properly collected whether in person or online.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Angel Tree volunteer works with the Angel Tree Coordinator.
Time Commitment: Time as needed from the end of October to the middle of December.
- Praying for the refugee family consistently
- Helping the Angel Tree Coordinator and other team members to successfully complete the campaign
- As needed, shop for gifts, help with setting up and putting down the Angel Tree, print tags, write names and gifts on tags, etc.
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Organized, Good Communications, Attention to Detail.
Resources, Training Provided: Orientation, brainstorming meetings, and assistance from past coordinators, when possible.
Sally Ivaska, firstname.lastname@example.org
Caryl Weinberg, email@example.com
Volunteer job description written 1/6/22