Overview: The Deacons’ Angel Tree Coordinator assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that our annual Angel Tree fundraising/gift buying event is run effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinates with Prison Fellowship and their Angel Tree volunteers to prepare for, run and conclude this annual Christmas charity drive.
- Works with First Pres staff and lay leaders to make sure it is properly publicized.
- Recruits others to assist with the program.
- Helps to make sure the donations are properly collected whether in person or online.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Angel Tree Coordinator reports to the Board of Deacons.
Time Commitment: 15 – 25 Hours from the end of October to the middle of December.
- Praying for the refugee family every day
- Spending time with the family and assisting with needs monthly
- Attending meetings 2 quarters per year
- Participating in annual special events with other refugee families and visitors
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Organized, Good Communications, Attention to Detail.
Resources, Training Provided: Orientation, brainstorming meetings, and assistance from past coordinators, when possible.
Sally Ivaska, email@example.com
Caryl Weinberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer job description written 12/13/21