Overview: The Adult Education Discipleship Committee Member assists First Presbyterian Evanston in accomplishing its mission: To know Christ and to grow in him as we serve and make disciples in Evanston, the Chicago area, and the world. The person in this position ensures that adults at FPCE have discipleship education opportunities.
- Personal prayer and devotion has been practiced daily.
- Weekly discipleship council courses have been planned and prepared for.
- The producer of audio-visual supplements has been consulted with each week.
- The Zoom host has been consulted with each week in preparation of the course gatherings.
- A description of the discipleship course has been drafted each year.
Relationships, Team Composition:
The Adult Education Discipleship Council Member reports to Adult Education leaders and is part of a team of 8 Adult Education Discipleship Council Members.
Time Commitment: 3-6 Hours per Week
Special Talents, Skills Preferred: Desire for edification of Christ’s disciples, respect for Christian tradition, fealty to truth, analytic mind, good listening and empathy skills, assertiveness, clarity of communication.
Resources, Training Provided: Consultation with the Discipleship Council, guidance from experienced leaders of courses for adults.
Volunteer job description written 4/26/21