On Sunday, May 7 the First Pres Youth will collect a special offering to support their upcoming mission trip to Elliot County, Kentucky. After the service, we’ll celebrate the 40th anniversary of Souper Saturday during our Agape Meal. Below are some fun facts about each!
Youth mission trip to Elliot County, Kentucky
– The youth will be working with Next Steps Ministry.
– Seven youth and two adults will travel to Kentucky for a week of service.
– Population: 7,461
–Poverty rate of 27.9%
–Median Household income $36,950
– From May 1983 to May 2023, 198,580 guests served – an average of 95 per Saturday
– Every Saturday a lunch is served, including all holidays.
– One volunteer is a former chef for Marshall Fields Walnut Room.
– Each month, 350-550 lbs of food is received for Souper Saturday from Greater Chicago Food Depository. (A volunteer spot open to help receive delivery!)
– A meal is available every day of the week in Evanston, from churches and one synagogue