2021 All-Church Retreat
Being Disciples in a Mid-Pandemic World”
Dr. Andrew Root
Professor and Carrie Olson Baalson Chair of Youth and Family Ministry at Luther Seminary
Friday, October 15, 7:30-9 p.m.
(Sign-in begins at 7:15 p.m.)
Topic: Families, the Good Life, the Need for a Story: Or Why Everything Else is More Important than Church.
Saturday, October 16, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
(Breakfast at 8 a.m.)
Session 2: 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Topic: Why are They Leaving? Mis-Diagnosing Our Challenges in a Secular Age.
Session 3: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Topic: Faith Formation Inside the Immanent Frame: The Task of Speaking of God in a Secular Age.
$15 for in-person attendance (breakfast included)
OR online streaming live.
(Scholarships are available, email Henry Coates firstname.lastname@example.org with request)
Registration: Please use Realm (our online members’ portal) to register and submit payment.
Childcare: Register online by October 8 and indicate your need for childcare on the form.
Questions: Call Rosemary Mauck 312-636-2541.
“Anxious Church: Being Disciples in a Mid-Pandemic World”
The First Presbyterian Church of Evanston cordially invites you to attend, our church wide Retreat, October 15-16, featuring the author and professor Andrew Root, https://andrewroot.org/.
This will be an exciting time for us to gather and be equipped for life and ministry.
Why should I attend?
Dr. Root will guide us through a Biblical, practical look at the following topics:
- Is God still relevant today?
- What is meant by the secular age?
- How can Christians relate to others in an age of anxiety?
- Why do younger generations approach spiritual life so differently than the ones before?
- How do I have faith-forming experiences with my friends, neighbors, classmates, family, or colleagues?
- How can I be refreshed and inspired to share my faith with others?
- Why do the “old tricks” of youth ministry not seem to work anymore, and how do we need to adapt?
- How can we relate to those who believe God to be irrelevant or out of date?
COME AND GET SOME ANSWERS!