Rev. Dr. Christudas Retnadas
United Mission to India (UMI)
Rev. Christudas Retnadas was a regular attender of FPCE while studying at Trinity Seminary. He started United Mission to India in 2002 with a vision for reaching those in India and parts of Nepal most resistant to the gospel, primarily those of higher caste who have been left without any witness for Christ by existing missions. Their organization trains and sends out missionary couples to areas of intense hostility toward the gospel- in Southern India and Nepal. They suffer persecution very directly. Yet, see people coming to Christ, and have two baptisms each year with up to 60 people. Couples use the strategy of building a small home which they use for teaching/community center toward an eventual church.
1. Pray for the national Sunday worship closure on March 22, 2020 by the order of the Prime Minister of India, as a precaution to Corona virus. The inner motive of the national declaration on 22 March 2020 is not known. I am sure some of the Orthodox Church members may not stop the Sunday morning worship. That means there will be Police and government intervention on that day.
2. Herewith attached two photos of a poor window who has been deserted by her family members. She has a minimum land for a hut. There are such needs to different Mission centers to make hut to poor widows. It costs Rs.5000/= Indian currency each.
3. There are special needs to purchase land to construct Missionary residence cum tuition halls (Church). As you know United Mission to India (UMI) is the only Missionary body doing Missionary work among the most resisting people to the Gospel even in the risky areas of India and Nepal.
4. We need to construct buildings at Solaithevenpatty, Thangammalpuram, Narasingam and Palanthinnipatty. The minimum estimate shall be Rs.15 lakhs of Indian rupees each. This is for worship and tuition hall.
5. We have been praying for the most risky areas at A. Vellalapatty and Athani villages where Missionaries were thrown out, perhaps 5 to 6 families. Today we have confirmed two Missionary candidates with Master degrees, who committed themselves to work in the above areas. That means we need to pay Rs.10,000/= each plus house rent Rs.2500/=to such families. Do pray for additional income. “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. . . .” Lk.10:2-3.